Spring Is Coming!
Is your system running smoothly?
Spring Is Coming!
Is your system running smoothly?
Regular HVAC maintenance not only increases the reliability and efficiency of your equipment, it also extends it’s lifetime. Protect your investment with a maintenance agreement.
We love hearing from our customers! If you've had us work on your HVAC system we would love to hear from you too.
Air Conditioner Repair
“My ac unit stopped providing cool air so I checked heating and air companies online. Wilson’s was repeatedly rated 5 star so I called and talked to Nicole. She sent Stephen out and he promptly replaced the capacitor. Unit is now running fine. Thanks again to both of you for being so kind and professional. It was a real pleasure dealing with Wilson’s. (Talking at length about family and golf with Stephen was a bonus.) Add another 5 star rating to your list!!”
– Wayne W.
They Put Customers First!
“They were such life savors. My husband and I are in the process of purchasing a home and during our normal home inspection the inspector noticed they unit was not coming on so I called Wilson’s explained my situation and urgency on this matter and they rearranged their schedule to get someone out ASAP while our home inspector was still there. The tech was so polite and explained everything to where I actually understood what was happening. They are great people and they put customers first. I will always use them from now on and recommend that you use them to!”
– Brooke C.
Consistent Total Care.
“Professional, reliable, courteous and efficient. Wilson’s Heating and Air has serviced my 5 units for over five years. Dedicated to discover the problem and fix it. Out of multiple companies that visited my residence, Wilsons Heating and Air correctly diagnosed my problem immediately and fixed it within a short time. Genuine concern for the customer and service oriented. Consistent total care.”
– Diana G.
Our Latest Article...
An air conditioner, just like a car, needs regular maintenance and service to run efficiently. At Wilson’s Heating & Air, we recommend getting your air conditioning unit serviced and cleaned once a year. The optimum time is in the spring to ensure your unit will run with the most efficiency during the hottest summer months. You need to be able to rely on your air conditioner for your comfort here in Bastrop, TX.
Why Is Maintenance Important?
The short answer is it saves you money!
An air conditioner collects dust and dirt continuously as it sits throughout the year, not only in the months when it’s running. Though this tiny debris may not seem harmful, when it accumulates throughout the year, it can make its way into the cracks and crevices of your unit, as well as everywhere else. This creates gunk and wreaks havoc on the different parts involved in the cooling process.
When this happens, parts break down much sooner than expected and can add up to costly repairs. It also decreases the life expectancy of your system, forcing you to purchase a new air conditioner much sooner than you may have planned.
Regular air-conditioning maintenance also supports your system’s energy efficiency. Simple acts you can perform yourself, like replacing a dirty and clogged air filter, can reduce your energy consumption by 5 to 15 percent. This translates to you spending less money on your utility bills. Professional and DIY maintenance alleviates higher bills and keeps your air conditioner working at its manufacturer’s intended efficiency.
Even if you are fastidious with doing your own regular home maintenance, you should always have your unit cleaned and checked in the spring by a professional. There are many tasks only a professional technician is trained and certified to perform. Neglecting these professional tasks constitutes poor maintenance and will negatively affect your system in the long run, again, costing you money.
What Can I Expect My Technician to Do During My Annual Maintenance?
Here’s a brief overview of what our knowledgeable and experienced technicians do during your air-conditioning-maintenance appointment:
- Clean and check condenser coils and evaporators, if necessary.
- Clean and adjust blower components for proper system airflow to create increased comfort levels.
- Check ducts for debris, and if debris is present, remove it to allow for maximum airflow.
- Clean and check aluminum fins. If they are crushed or bent in any fashion, this affects proper air distribution.
- Inspect internal parts for broken, chipped, or other damage, which may not be easily noticed. If your air conditioner continues to run with damaged parts or areas, your system will eventually fail.
- Clean and check condensate drain, to prevent any blockages or mold buildup. Backups can cause water damage to equipment.
- Tighten connections, both mechanical and electrical. Loose connections cause incorrect operations.
- Check coolant level for leaks. Leaks prevent your air conditioner from working, and the refrigerant could damage anything it touches.
- Check system’s thermostat for accuracy.
- Check system controls to be sure all works safely.
- Provide you with a summary of work performed and share any findings regarding needed repairs or upgrades, as well as maintenance you can perform yourself between maintenance visits.
Schedule Your Maintenance Today
Don’t delay in scheduling your annual air-conditioner maintenance with our Wilson’s Heating & Air professionals. With spring now here, our calendar is quickly filling. Call us at 512-229-7774 today to be sure your maintenance is done before you need to use your system this year!