Let Us Help You Keep Your Cool This Summer
Let Us Help You Keep Your Cool This Summer
Regular HVAC maintenance not only increases the reliability and efficiency of your equipment, it also extends it’s lifetime. Protect your investment with a maintenance agreement.
We love hearing from our customers! If you've had us work on your HVAC system we would love to hear from you too.
Ductless Mini-Split Installation in Bastrop, TX 78602
“Today we had Wilson's Heating and Air come and install a ductless mini-split in our garage. Nicole kept me informed through out the process and I am happy to state that Stephen and Barry were very professional. They both took the time to educate me on the system and they were very clean. They did not leave any mess behind. Most importantly they were honest people and the service was at a very reasonable price. Again, we appreciate their honesty, workmanship and service. I will recommend them to anyone that is looking for heating and air services.”
– Jimmy T.
Recommend Wilson’s Heating And Air For Anyone
Very simple, I called and they had a person on site in about 3 hours. Problem was fixed within an hour, but a second call was placed a few hours later as it was not cooling. It was found that my drain had plugged on the discharge and had shut the compressor off after the unit was fixed. The drain was cleared and the second call was a no charge. During the repair it was determined that the evaporator coils in the AC unit were plugged and should be cleaned. I made arrangements to have that done a different day and since we were home on Memorial Day, the repair was done then in early morning. Very satisfied customer. Cost was realistic. Service was excellent. Recommend Wilson’s Heating and Air for anyone.
– Steven G.
The Entire Team Went Above And Beyond Our Expectations
I obtained multiple bids for an air conditioning system and could not believe how everyone wanted your business and how some will even lure you in to a 50% interest rate. I was referred to Wilson’s and I have to say that it is probably the most professional a/c service company I had to deal with in many years of repairs and maintenance. Stephen spent almost an hour on the phone with me answering my many questions. Nicole and Stephen helped to facilitate our costs in a way that we could afford to make a full system replacement happen. The installation crew were on time, efficient and knowledgeable. They registered all of our equipment to make sure we get the best protection possible. The entire team went above and beyond our expectations and we are definitely happy to have them onboard for all of our future needs and repairs. I highly recommend them. In today’s times, it is hard to find people with integrity and good character.
– Bobby S.
Our Latest Article...
Here in Texas, we’ve reached the season that makes you say, “Gosh, it’s so dark out. Is it really only six in the evening?” Before the days get too short, remember to check off heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) maintenance from your autumn to-do list.
Fall is the ideal season to schedule a much-needed checkup. For starters, your heating equipment has been hibernating all summer. Once you switch off the air conditioner (AC), your heater needs to be primed so that your Bastrop home stays warm and cozy this winter.
Additionally, these next few months will be eventful. Get ahead of the game so you can enjoy the holidays. With less on your plate, your time with family and friends will feel relaxed and unhurried.
Fall HVAC Maintenance
On average, heating and cooling make up half of your annual energy expenses, according to the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). However, with a small amount of effort, you can cut your costs significantly.
Maintenance increases your equipment’s efficiency. It also gives one of our Wilson’s Heating & Air specialists a chance to find and correct minor issues. Doing so protects you from unexpected repair costs in the future.
On top of that, practices like filter replacement and duct cleaning reduce airborne dust and allergens, boosting your indoor air quality (IAQ).
Wilson’s Heating & Air is ready to help our neighbors in Bastrop get ready for the winter. Feel free to reach out to us if you have specific questions—we’re always happy to assist.
Winterize Your AC System
Your air conditioner is ready for some much-deserved time off. Here’s how you can prepare it for winter:
- Sweep away any dust or debris from the outdoor condenser unit. It’s okay to use water, but be sure you have it safely powered off.
- Clear four feet of space around the condenser. Trim any foliage and rake away leaves.
- Make sure your condenser is protected from the elements. If it came with a cover, throw it on. If it didn’t, a tarp will suffice. This should be the final step.
Is your condenser clean with plenty of space around it? Excellent. Here’s what your HVAC specialist will do to complete winterization:
- Empty the pipes and drain lines. Without a good cleaning, these conduits can become havens for standing water, which may freeze and damage your equipment.
- Check refrigerant levels, belts, and pulleys.
- Inspect the ductwork.
- Scrub dust and debris off of the coils.
Set up Your Heating System for Success
- Keep an adequate supply of air filters so that your air stays clean. Ideally, you should change the HVAC filter at least every 90 days—follow the manufacturer’s guidelines to be sure. A clogged filter can overwork your equipment, which reduces efficiency.
- Take stock of your heater’s age and condition. Is it more than 15 years old? Have you noticed issues like “patchy” heating or strange noises? If so, it may be time for a replacement soon.
Fully equipped with filters? Perfect. Next, give your HVAC expert a call. Here’s what they will do during a visit:
- Check and adjust your thermostat to ensure it’s giving you a proper reading.
- Inspect all electrical connections and tweak them when necessary.
- Inspect and clean specific components. For a heat pump, this includes the evaporator and compressor. For a furnace, this includes the heat exchanger and pilot. If you have a boiler, your specialist can bleed it to remove water sediment and excess air.
Call Us for Reliable HVAC Service Year-Round